Friday is Classics day in my classroom, a day when two students present a children's classic book that they have read. It is, hands down, everyone's favorite activity of the week and is usually greeted with cheers when I say we are ready to begin.
Yesterday Sam R. was presenting on one of my favorites, Charlotte's Web.
After he had finished sharing his paper, he took comments. Gavin M. raised his hand, and with an apologetic look at me said, "I was reading this book when Mrs. I's mom died, and when I got to the part in the book where Charlotte dies, I cried and cried."
And he shot me another apologetic book.
No need to apologize, Gavin. There is a part of me touched by your tender heart in connecting my mother with one of the best books ever written.
(I didn't tell him that my mother's name is Fern, just like one of the main characters in the book.)
Happy Halloween! The Abby/Dr. Seuss Post
3 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment