Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Washington, DC




Craig and I just made a whirlwind trip to Washington DC to meet Kyle, Ashley, and Braden for a few days. Kyle has a conference there this week, and he asked us if we wanted to come have some fun a few days before the conference began. You betcha!!

A highlight was attending the Washington DC temple where we were married. We hadn't been there since the Chicago temple was dedicated - 25 years! What a feeling to attend with your adult son, and then see the sealing room where (as Kyle put it) "our family began." I was surprised at the rush of emotion I felt looking into that room. Very, very poignant.

The last time we had been at the DC temple, Kyle was about 3 months old max. We took an evening trip to the temple so Sarah, Jessica, and he could see the temple. Of course, Kyle was way too young to know what was happening, but I pressed his tiny baby hand against the wall of the temple so he could say in the future that he had been there.

Kyle and I had fun recreating that picture. And then, to my joy, he and Ashley asked me to touch Braden's hand, the third generation, to the wall. What a moment.

4 comments:

Curt said...

Great pictures! Wish I could have gone.

Lisa said...

Those pictures are so great! I have the greatest family!!!!

Kyle said...

It was great having you out there! So glad you came. So now that you've hit Chicago and DC, what's the next big trip? Orlando? NYC? Boston? ;)

And Curt, we wish you could have gone, too. We'll catch you another time, though.

Craig said...

Next trip? Urbana. For Yankee Ridge's 50th anniversary.