Inspired by Dr. Emert's visit a few weeks ago and the easily accessible stuffed animals in our Classics Connections Corner, they have set up a veterinary hospital!
EK treats an ill bird. I love the stethoscope around his neck, just as Dr. Emert wore hers. And he's used tissues to make a surgical mask!
JB and HS also are veterinarians and "treating" patients.
A few of the patients in recovery.
Some of the instruments used to treat patients.
The entire class is participating. They have even made business cards and divided the room into wards - the maternity ward, a canine section, one for felines, another for exotics, and so on.
The focus of our Science unit is the human body, but since they are so interested in the animals (and I sure don't want them playing "doctor" on each other!!) I have invited Dr. Rose Robertson in to speak to us tomorrow. She's bringing a three legged cat and some other goodies - should be fun!



No comments:
Post a Comment