She came up with a detective theme, and for a surprise, Vanessa designed a logo for her and I had it made into notepads and post-its.
I absolutely love it - Vanessa is so talented. And Lisa loved it, too, when she saw it. She's even had a banner made of it for one of her walls.
That wall has to be painted navy first, so Craig and I went to her classroom this morning to help her get that accomplished.
After taping the edges, Craig started in with the navy paint.
Lisa continued working on the footprints she has been stenciling on the walls.
We didn't have a ladder, so she climbed onto the counter to paint the edge of the wall and the top concrete blocks.
A look at the stenciling process.
While they worked on that side of the room, I did some cleaning of things Lisa had gotten second hand for her room.
These chairs are so bright now that the dirt and grime have been scrubbed off. I think they'll look nice with the navy and gray that are her other colors.This drawer unit was FILTHY. Lisa found it in our neighborhood - someone had put it out with their trash and so she snagged it and brought it home. I sure wish I had taken a before picture - it was so dirty, I would have left it at the curb. But it, too, cleaned up beautifully.
When I finished cleaning, it was off to the laminating machine for me. I laminated a bunch of Language Arts prompts for reading - 38 pages!
Later in the evening I returned to Burnett Creek and cut them all out for her while Craig second coated the navy wall and Lisa worked on still more footprints.
I have a feeling we're all going to be a little stiff and sore in the morning.



No comments:
Post a Comment