It felt disrespectful to the Lord and His temple for me to be nibbling while on-shift. I hoped for a rare break to be assigned me, but did not really expect one. Still, I packed a cheese stick in my temple bag and just went on faith, figuring that either I'd get a chance to eat or that the Lord would bless me and help me through.
I took this videos for my two Optavia health buddies - they are LDS, too.
I got my schedule of assignments when I arrived, and there was no real break there. Okay, I figured that this meant that He would take care of me and started my shift. I was scheduled for Initiatory at 6:00. As I walked in to let the Initiatory Coordinator know I was there and looked to see which booth I was assigned to, I saw another woman's name written down, not mine. Thinking I'd gotten my times mixed up, I checked my schedule again. Nope, I was where I was supposed to be. The Initiatory Coordinator checked the night's master assignment list, and sure enough, four sisters had been scheduled to work in Initiatory at 6:00, not three. And since the other three were already working, I was the odd woman out!
My heart leaped - was this His help? I thought it was, but I knew that I should first check with the Shift Coordinator - it was possible that she'd meant me to go elsewhere and I was expected to be there to serve. When I found her, she checked the master schedule, and everything in the temple was covered. I asked if she wanted me to serve somewhere else anyway, and she requested that I check on a new sister who was learning what to do as an ordinance worker and then "just circulate."
There it was - I had some time to grab my cheese stick and go to the break room, where it did NOT feel disrespectful to be eating. (I checked that new sister first.)
I have no doubt that this was not an accident. Plus, it was RIGHT ON TIME for me next fueling. As you might imagine, I am very grateful and touched that He would be supportive of my efforts to get healthy.

No comments:
Post a Comment