Saturday, June 21, 2014

Our Last CES Husband/Wife Meeting

Craig retires from Seminaries and  Institute (I will always call it CES - Church Education Systems) on June 30. That meant that our annual June husband/wife cluster meeting was our last.

We met Thursday and Friday with Robert and RaeAnn Tibbs, Darrin and Jennifer Simpson, and Craig's replacement, Ryan Garner and his wife, Jody, at the Abe Martin Lodge in Brown County State Park.

It was terrific - the Garners fit in well with the rest of us, and ideas about good teaching were put forth and discussed both days. (Interesting to me how good teaching is good teaching, regardless of the classroom focus, be it seminary, institute, or public schools.)
Craig, me, RaeAnn, Robert, Darrin, Jennifer, Ryan, and Jody.

They surprised Craig at the end with some delicious carmel corn, a lovely card, and then everyone took turns sharing something about how he had touched their lives. I knew they respected him, but I don't think HE knew just how much until he heard what they had to say. Craig was pretty blown away by it, and I am glad I was able to be there and hear what was said.

I will miss being part of the CES family. It's a very unique group, chock full of men and women who have dedicated their lives to the Church and the gospel, and I have loved being a part of it.

No comments: