Thursday, June 12, 2014

Yes, I Can Give Back!

During the ups and downs of Lisa's recent job search, I came to the realization that there wasn't a "bargain" I could make with the Lord to help her cause. (See post here.) That was a beautiful spiritual experience for me, and a learning one as well.

As I offered up prayers of thankfulness after learning that she'd been offered the position, I thought for a moment about the interview process, and how hard it can be to interview and not get the job. To prepare, pour your heart into the interview, and then be disappointed. Multiple times. Despite the fact that you are an excellent teacher with many professionals in your corner and advocating on your behalf. (See that post here.)

And then it hit me. I realized that that had just happened to the other four people who had also interviewed for the job that Lisa had accepted. They had just had a disappointing experience, and for some of them, probably not the first and maybe not the last. That's tough.

What if I showed my gratitude to the Lord by praying for them? That they, too, might find the job of their dreams?

And what about the other 1,000 plus hopefuls who have sent resumes to TSC this past spring, also looking for teaching positions? I can pray for those folks, too.

And so it begins.

No comments: