While Curt was on his mission in 2006, Cole took Flurry and drove all over Urbana with friends, posing Flurry in spots that Curt had frequented, and making a little storyline about his adventures. It was REALLY funny. Here are a few of my favorite photos:
Reading the newspaper at Cafe Paradiso.
Lifeguarding at the Urbana Aquatic Center.
Examining what's left of his bicycle after it was stolen.
Sunning himself with Cole at Krannert Center for the Performing Arts.
Flurry got pretty dirty over the years - I guess that is to be expected when you have a WHITE stuffed snowman who is as beloved as Flurry. In 2008 I decided he had to be washed, but I was stumped as to how to clean him - he was way too big for my washer, and I really didn't want to go to the laundromat. Then it hit me - our spa tub!
I put him in it, added detergent, and turned on the jets. He was FILTHY!! You can see the dirt on the sides of the tub.
In fact, I ran those jets on him quite a while. Then I repeated the process several times to rinse the detergent out. Drying him took several days - I draped him over the drying rack in the tub and drip dried him.
As soon as Curt spied him, the fun began.
He grabbed Flurry as we got ready for JC and Trinity's dance party.
Curt danced with Flurry whose name was changed to a more hip-sounding "Flurrdizzle."
Flurrdizzle eats Cafe Rio with the family as we celebrate Lisa's birthday.
Andrew, Flurrdizzle, Curt, and Todd head out for an evening of fun together.
Sadly, the name change seems to have triggered a personality change. Curt found Flurry outside a tattoo parlor.
Curt shows Flurrdizzle that un-inked biceps are cool.
He was also discovered playing poker (and winning!)
Curt made the mistake of leaving his cell phone and iPod here one evening. Flurrdizzle seized the opportunity. Todd caught Flurry in the act and texted us all, " Flurry is making international calls on Curt's phone and listening to his iPod at the same time cause he likes to party. That will teach ya not to leave your gadgets at the house."But the worst of all happened New Year's Eve after the rest of the family had gone to bed. Flurrdizzle got into the Welch's Grade Juice. When we got up New Year's Day, this was the shocking sight that greeted us in the kitchen.
Flurrdizzle says he is mending his ways and has decided to go back to being good ol' Flurry once again. Perhaps putting him back into the closet will help.














1 comment:
This is hilarious!
Post a Comment