That's what the tenor (on the left) told me as this barbershop quartet dropped by my classroom Friday afternoon.
Tenor, lead, baritone, and bass members. The bass (on the right) is Jim Eddy. His son, Mark, was a friend of Craig's and another of his sons, Chris, was my brother's friend.
It's become an annual tradition for Craig to send me a singing Valentine, and he always requests that they sing his favorite song, Let Me Call You Sweetheart."
Let me call you sweetheart
I'm in love with you
Let me hear you whisper
That you love me too
I'm in love with you
Let me hear you whisper
That you love me too
Keep the love light glowing
In your eyes so true
Let me call you sweetheart
I'm in love with you
In your eyes so true
Let me call you sweetheart
I'm in love with you
Keep the love light glowing
In your eyes so true
Let me call you sweetheart
I'm in love with you
In your eyes so true
Let me call you sweetheart
I'm in love with you
The song was written in 1910 by Beth Slater Whitson with the music by Leo Friedman.
Needless to say, that song has become a favorite of mine, too!
My class had never seen a barbershop quartet, so I asked the singers to tell them a bit about themselves and this style of music.I sure hope their "best customer" sends them to me again next year!!

No comments:
Post a Comment